Recipe for a Sale
Six key elements will influence the sale of your home. When all these ingredients are positive, you have a sale! If just one of them is out of line, it will take longer to sell your property. If several are out of line, expect your home to remain on the market longer. Staging is a powerful selling tool that can speed the purchase of your home and raise its selling price.
- Home Staging. Homes that are prepared for sale sell quicker and/or for more money. Staging will immediately give your property an edge in any market.
- Price. Price is so important in the sale of a home. A property is really only worth that one person is willing to pay another to gain ownership. Price must be in direct relationship to the other key elements for a sale and is the most important factor of all.
- Location. Appraisers always say "location, location, location," and it's true. The price of your home must reflect its location.
- Condition. To obtain the highest value for your home, it should be in good condition and be well maintained. Your price must reflect the condition of the home.
- Terms. The more terms available on your property, the more potential buyers you can reach. Your price must reflect the kind of terms available to purchase it, such as special financing or warranties offered to the buyers.
- The market. Interest rates, competition, and the economy influence the state of the market, and the pricing of your property must reflect the current status of the market.
Source: Home Staging: Barb Schwarz